Are you a visual learner? Check us out on Pinterest- you can find all of these links (and more!) there as well.
Local (Tucson) Practitioners and Therapists
- Ediz Salazar, Body Masters Gym, Personal Training and Rehabilitative Exercise
- Heidi Munoz, The Art of Healing, Massage Therapy - 243-0542
- Massage Envy - Steve (Myofascial release, active release) and Bobby (hips/low back) are very good (NW location). Jean is also very good- very intuitive and thorough. First massage is always $39/hour for new customers.
- Jean Arney, LMT. Motion Mobile Massage, 315-748-3582 or email@example.com.
- Laughter Yoga – Loti and Jana, St. Francis in the Foothills, Rm 30 (rear of building), Every Tuesday, 6-7 pm (FREE!), firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-490-5500 for more information!
- Laughter Yoga – Jim Twomey, St Philip’s Episcopal (FREE!)- 520-240-2188 or email@example.com for more info.
- Wat Buddhametta – Tucson Buddhist Meditation Center, 22nd & Swan- This organization offers several (FREE) classes on Meditation, Chanting, Yoga, and Tai Chi. Our group went to the Tai Chi class two years ago, and it was very good. They were very helpful in helping us modify any movements that our members could not do because of range-of-motion problems. Here is a link to their class list: http://www.tucsonbuddhistcenter.org/classes_sits.html
- Maximum Impact Physical Therapy – 4 locations around town, I have only heard good things about Maximum Impact! -http://www.maximumimpactpt.com/
- Moroso Medical Center – Dr Heather Moroso is great for acupuncture and medical marijuana certifications. Near 4th Ave – 495-4054
- Munireh McLaren, Chiropractor – 906.4499, 4626 E Fort Lowell Rd Suite 101
(Know of someone who should be added to this list? Let us know!)
General Info on Fibromyalgia
National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Network
The Fibromyalgia Network
What Is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia Pain Relief
US CDC on Fibromyalgia
NIH on Fibromyalgia
HealthFinder.gov on Fibromyalgia
For Grace- Women in Pain
Diagnosing Fibromyalgia—Common Misdiagnoses
Eight Subsets of Fibro
Classification of Fibro
Fibromyalgia (FM) and Chronic Myofascial Pain (CMP) with Devin Starlanyl
National Fibromyalgia Partnership
American Chronic Pain Association
Other Tucson Support Groups
- Fibromyalgia Support Group - 1st Sat each month, 11-12am, HealthSouth NW Tucson
- S.M.A.S.H.- Stop Moaning and Start Healing (Fibro and other Chronic Pain)- meeting dates/times vary
- Arizona Lyme Disease Association - 2nd Sat each month, Dusenberry Library at 2-4 pm OR Wellness First on First Ave at 3-5 pm
Patients Like Me
Fibromyalgia—Stress and Flares
Fibromyalgia Health Check
Humor and Laughter
It’s Time to Get Over How Fragile You Are
The Singing Patient
Is Living with an Illness Choosing to Give In?
Treatments and Therapies
Ordering Your Own Labwork
General Info on Meds - “Finding the Treatment Options that Suck Less”
Low-Dose-Naltrexone - this is an experimental new treatment that has had some impressive success stories with MS, Fibro, Crohn’s, and other nerve-related disorders.
Cannabis Super Info Zip File – <– clicking on this text will automatically download the file to your computer.
Financial Help - For those waiting on SSDI decisions, on a very fixed income, etc.
Partnership for Prescription Assistance - also provides help with co-pay’s for Rx’s
Pima Community Access Program - for low-income, uninsured, $40/year
Finding the Cheapest Local Pharmacy - This is an excellent tool for finding the most cost-efficient pharmacy near you. It does take some time to load, though!
Humane Society of Southern Arizona Indigent Care Program - Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 520-321-3704 ext. 165
The Sanctuary Project - “If you are needing help feeding your four-legged family members, The Sanctuary Project and their high school outreach, is hosts a community pet food bank every third Saturday of the month in midtown Tucson at Southern Arizona Community Academy! The first time you come, you fill out an info card & can receive the food you need for your angels absolutely free. The second time on, we ask that you volunteer with us ONE HOUR per BAG of food. Spread the word to those who are in need. It is our strong belief that LOVE WINS!! Keep those babies with you! xoxo The Sanctuary Project”
In the News/Research
Fibromyalgia Can No Longer Be Called an ‘Invisible’ Illness
Science Daily for Fibro
Find a Clinical Trial
13 Mistakes Fibromyalgia Patients Make (MSN)
Space Age Pod Shows Positive Benefits for Relieving Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
FDA to Limit Acetaminophen in Pain-Killers
Study links obesity to greater pain, weakness in fibromyalgia patients
The End of Ouch?
Fibro and Depression– Differences and Similarities
Drug Made Infamous by Date Rapes Gets Second Look for Fibromyalgia
The Americans with Disabilities Act, and a Fall that Opened My Eyes
Info on Disability Programs
General Info on Disability Policies
Index on Social Security Online
Court Case Decisions on Disability Payments
Tips for Winning Disability
Disability Blog- Common Q and A
Social Security and Disability Resource Center
Work Accommodations **
** These resources will eventually be expanded into a full page on disability, handicap, ADA and EOE information.
A Better Pain Scale
Misc Fibro Humor
The Only Time it Doesn’t Hurt…
The Fibromyalgia Pledge
Pain Killer- “Fibromyalgia Lawyer”
Fibro “Mad Libs”
The Funniest Thing…
Cranky Fibro Girl
Laughing About Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue
The Top 10 Worst Fibromyalgia Book Names
“What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know About Fibromyalgia: What You Need to Know That Could Save Your Life,” by Linda Meilink and Patrick Rhoades, MD
“What Your Doctor Doesn’t Know about Fibromyalgia: Why Doctors Can’t or Won’t Treat Chronic Pain,” by Linda Meilink and Patrick Rhoades, MD
“The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating,” by Elisabeth Tova Bailey
“Beyond Casseroles 505 Ways Encourage a Chronically Ill Friend,” by Lisa Copen
“Figuring Out Fibromyalgia,” by Minevra Liptan, MD